- Cold steep black malt overnight (½ gallon water per pound); strain and add at whirlpool
- Mash for dryness; rests at 62 C and 68 C
- RO water plus CaCl in mash, NaCl & MgSO4 in kettle
- Cold steep black extract added before hops at whirlpool
- Pitch temp 62-64 F, keep below 69 F for 48 hours, then let free rise
- Final gravity ~ 4.4 P
Plays like a cup of cold brew coffee made with natural process beans – all coming from the malt! Coco, blackberries, coffee and hazelnut play out front with undertones of fresh herbs, oak, blueberry and plum; gently bitter and finishes mostly dry.