Malty, yet dry. Big, yet light bodied. Fruity and spicy, yet contains neither. Rosmerta & Lugus peddle contradicting terms in this complex and etherial Belgian-style ale.
- RO plus equal parts CaCl & CaSO4 in mash, NaCl & MgSO4 in kettle
- Start mash at 45 C for ferulic acid to encourage phenol production by yeast
- Finish mashing for dryness; rests at 62 C and 68 C
- Panela added at end of boil
- Pitch temp 62-64 F, keep below 69 F for 48 hours, then let free rise
- Final gravity ~2.3 P
Gently complex, yet dry and easy. This is a really approachable beer and a good choice for someone that wants delicate flavor and isn’t concerned with a darker color.