Are you passionate about all aspects of beer and brewing? Are you curious about the technical aspects of brewing, as well as interested in having the hands on experience of working in a small production brewery?
Put your passion and interest to work with us! Giant Jones Brewing Company is hiring a part-time production assistant to support our growing brewery. This position will work directly with our brewer on all aspects of production.
JOB TITLE: Production Assistant
Job Type: Part-time, 15-20 hours per week initially, with opportunity to expand.
About Giant Jones
We are a certified organic, women run and family-owned, small craft brewery in Madison, Wisc. We brew big (higher alcohol) beer styles for sale in the greater Madison area through bottle and keg distribution, and operate a small tasting room. This position will join the current small team of two owner-managers.
Work alongside the brewer/co-owner to support all aspects of production including kegging, bottling and brewing. You will also have the opportunity to work behind the bar, and at special events.
- Keg cleaning, sanitizing, and filling
- Bottle labeling, sanitizing, and filling; handling cases of bottles
- Brewhouse and production equipment cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance
- Assisting with hot and cold side beer production
- Special event and tasting room bartending
- Sensory and analytic evaluation of beer
- Other duties as assigned
This Job Requires
- Extended standing, crouching, kneeling, and climbing for 8 plus hours
- Safely performing physically demanding work around potentially hazardous equipment andchemicals
- Lifting 55lbs repeatedly and safely; sliding up to 165 pounds laterally
- Accurately and completely documenting production work
What We Offer
- Starting Compensation: $20/hour
- Work schedule flexibility
- Opportunity for position advancement and expansion
How to Apply: Submit a letter of interest, resume/work history, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 10, 2019.